VT ontology navigation
• VT root
• blood ghrelin amount VT:0010695
The proportion, quantity, or volume of the peptide hormone produced mainly by P/D1 cells lining the fundus of the stomach and epsilon cells of the pancreas that stimulates hunger and serves as a potent stimulator of growth hormone from the anterior pituitary gland; in addition to stimulating appetite and growth, ghrelin also plays various roles in energy homeostasis, neuropathy, and in the cardiovascular and immune systems. [MP:0011611];
(No descendants that are mapped to MPD data)
MP:0010695 (abnormal blood pressure regulation)
is numbered similarly to VT:0010695
but is over in the MP ontology
(semantics may or may not be similar).
• To list mapped measures click on the counts in parentheses.
• Counts are "number of measure mappings" and aren't necessarily the count of distinct measures.
• Terms ending in "_" are terminal (leaf) nodes in the ontology structure.
• To start at a root node:
• More about ontologies in MPD