Shorter3 project protocol
Litter size and composition in a diallel of Collaborative Cross founder strains (2018)
Shorter JR, Maurizio PL, Valdar W, Pardo-Manuel de Villena F
With: Bell TA, Shaw GD, Miller DR, Gooch TJ, Spence JS, McMillan L
See also: Shorter3 animal documentation
| Breeding cages set up (1 female, 1 male)
||Pups weaned and sex determined
||Number of female pups, number of male pups, total number of pups, proportion of male pups
Procedure: Breeding, weaning and sex determination
- Breeding cages are set up to contain one female and one male. (A total of 4448 litters were born to 1478 dams and 1238 sires representing all eight inbred crosses and 54 of the 56 reciprocal F1 hybrids (NZO x CAST and NZO x PWK were unproductive)).
- Mice are weaned at about 3 wks of age.
- Litter size and sex are determined at weaning.
- Number of female pups weaned
- Number of male pups weaned
- Total number of pups weaned
- Proportion of male pups weaned