|Mice weighed on each of four consecutive test days
|Alcohol consumption measured (drinking in the dark model)
See Vanderlinden1 downloads.
- Drinking tubes (10 mL)
- 20% ethanol (v/v in water)
Procedure: Alcohol consumption (drinking in the dark model)
- Mice are weighed on each of four consecutive test days, 1 h prior to lights out.
- Four hours after lights out, water bottles are replaced with drinking tubes containing 20% ethanol.
- Two hours after introduction of the alcohol, the drinking tubes are removed and fluid levels recorded.
- On days 1-3, drinking tubes are replaced with water bottles.
- On day 4, alcohol intake is determined for a second time (2 h later than previous measurement), and then tubes are then replaced with water bottles.
weight on day 1
- ethanol consumption on days 2, 3, 4 (drinking in the dark)
- first principal component on log-transformed ethanol consumption data from days 2, 3, 4 (drinking in the dark)