GMC13 project protocol
Heart function assessed by electrocardiography in 6 inbred founder strains of the Collaborative Cross (2020)
German Mouse Clinic and Department of Infection Genetics, HZI
With: Hrabě de Angelis M, Fuchs H, Gailus-Durner V, Moreth K, Spielmann N, Bekeredjian R, Kattus H, Lengger C, Kollmus H, Schughart K
See also: GMC13 animal documentation
German Mouse Clinic: Phenotyping Pipeline
Electrocardiogram (ECG): 14-15 wks of age
||Heart rate parameters, duration of intervals, amplitude of signals
- Electrocardiogram: Mouse Specifics, Inc. (ECGenie), Framingham MA
- Software: LabChart ECGenie/eMouse
Procedure: Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Lead plates are snapped into place onto the top of the pre-amplifier tower; the covering is removed to reveal three gel coated pads surrounded by a sticking plate; the plate is covered with the extra cover in the package.
- The combined amplifier and the pre-amplifier tower are turned on.
- The icon ECG acquisition on the acquisition computer is doubled clicked.
- The ECG set up file is opened.
- A mouse is placed on the pad, lowering the Red Acrylic Cubby to surround the mouse on 3 sides, discouraging escape.
- Acquisition begins by pressing 'Start'.
- The reading is stopped after 5-10 min of acquisition; there will be one long reading.
- Save the data.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions for using the software for data analysis.
- Heart rate
- Heart rate variability
- Heart rate coefficient of variance
- Duration of RR interval
- Duration of PQ interval
- Duration of PR interval
- Duration of QRS interval
- Duration of QT interval
- Duration of ST interval
- Duration of QTc interval
- QT dispersion
- QT rate-corrected dispersion
- SR amplitude
- R amplitude
- Root mean square of successive differences of neighboring RR intervals (rMSSD)
- Proportion of number of pairs of successive beat-to-beat intervals that exceed 50 ms (pNN50)