GMC08 project protocol
Transepidermal water loss in 8 inbred founder strains of the Collaborative Cross (2020)
German Mouse Clinic and Department of Infection Genetics, HZI
With: Hrabě de Angelis M, Fuchs H, Gailus-Durner V, Aguilar-Pimentel A, Ollert M, Lengger C, Kollmus H, Schughart K
German Mouse Clinic: Phenotyping Pipeline
Transepidermal water loss test: 11 - 12 wks of age
|Transepidermal water loss test
Transepidermal water loss, coefficient of variation, skin surface water loss
- Condensor chamber: Tewameter (AquaFlux AF200)
Procedure: Transepidermal water loss (TEWL) test
- Each mouse is analyzed in a non-invasive manner with a special Tewameter which is placed on the skin (non-shaved).
- Within 60-90 s of surface contact, measurements are available and recorded.
- The TEWL data were normalized by calculating the mean TEWL performed per day which was substracted from the measured TEWL value.
- Transepidermal water loss (TEWL), normalized
- Coefficient of variation of TEWL
- Skin surface water loss