GMC15 project protocol
Hematological parameters in 8 inbred founder strains of the Collaborative Cross (2020)
German Mouse Clinic and Department of Infection Genetics, HZI
With: Hrabě de Angelis M, Fuchs H, Gailus-Durner V, Rathkolb B, Wolf E, Lengger C, Kollmus H, Schughart K
See also: GMC15 animal documentation
German Mouse Clinic: Phenotyping Pipeline
Hematology: 20-21 wks of age
||Mice are anesthetized and blood collected
||Hematology automated analyzer
- EDTA-coated capillary tubes containing 200 µL CellPack buffer (Sysmex)
- Rotary mixer
- Hematology automated analyzer: Sysmex Deutschland GmbH (XT-2000iV)
- Mice (non-fasting) are anesthetized via isoflurane inhalation.
- Blood is collected in the morning by retro-orbital puncture where 50 µL of whole blood is collected in an EDTA-coated 50 µL end-to-end capillary, diluted 1:5 with CellPack buffer, carefully mixed and placed on a rotary mixer for a minimun of 30 min.
- Samples are kept at room temperature until analyzed.
- Analysis is performed on the day of sample collection within 6h after sample collection. Samples with clots are not run.
- White blood cell count
- Red blood cell count
- RBC parameters
- Platelet count
- Platelet parameters