GMC10 project protocol
Body composition assessed by NMR at two ages in 8 inbred founder strains of the Collaborative Cross (2020)
German Mouse Clinic and Department of Infection Genetics, HZI
With: Hrabě de Angelis M, Fuchs H, Gailus-Durner V, Rozman J, Klingenspor M, Lengger C, Kollmus H, Schughart K
German Mouse Clinic: Phenotyping Pipeline
Determination of body composition by NMR: 12-13 and 18-19 wks of age
|Determination of body composition
||Body composition analyzer (NMR)
Fat tissue mass, lean tissue mass
- Balance: Sartorius (MSE 2202 S-100 D0)
- Whole body composition analyzer (NMR): Bruker (MiniSpec LF50)
Procedure: Body composition measured by NMR
- Mice are first weighed using a balance.
- Mice are placed in the analyzer and relevant parameters are measured (whole body with head).
- Mice are returned to their homecage.
- Body weight
- Fat tissue mass
- Lean tissue mass